Vibrant Universal Catch Can 4" OD Recessed Filter Top - Anodized Black
"OPEN LOOP" design features a recessed Stainless Steel Filter Element,
and comes with two (2) Male 10AN Flare fittings integrated into the Catch
Can's top end cap.
- Internally baffled to improve oil vapor capture and collection while preventing particulate from escaping.
- Tank Size: 4" (101.6mm) OD x 8" (203.2mm) tall.
- 6061 Aluminum body allows for more particle accumulation.
- Includes two -10 line fittings.
- 604 Stainless mounting bracket can be clocked 360 Degrees to provide infinite mounting position options.
- - 8AN Drain plug integrated into bottom for easy draining or can be adapted as a return feed to the oil pan.
- Dip stick included to easily check fluid levels. - Open Loop / Vented Catch Cans are for MAP sensor based tuning systems.
If you are runnign a Air Flow Meter (MAF) we recommend using Vibrants Recirculating Close Loop Catch Can.
The Vibrant Catch Can meets MSNZ regulations as below and can be used in Motorsport.
As per Motorsport NZ Schedule A, Section 5.1
(5) An external oil breather tank (Oil catch tank) shall be fitted to engines with open circuit crankcase breathing systems as follows;
(a) Engines up to 2000cc (uncorrected) shall have a tank of at least 1 litre capacity, and
(b) Engines over 2000cc (uncorrected) shall have a tank of at least 2 litre capacity, and
(c) All such tanks shall be constructed of suitable materials that maintain their shape/capacity at all times.