We've proven it time and time again, on countless models of turbo-charged Subaru.
The PBMS Stage 2 Upgrade package for you turbo Subaru will unleash the potential your engine is capable of.
There is no better value modification in improving power, response, drivability and even fuel economy.
What is a PBMS Stage 2 Upgrade package?
It's a simple and incredibly effective combination including the following:
- PBMS high flow (3 inch/de-cat) down pipe, including fitting.
- PBMS Reflash Tune package (More info can be found here).
- PBMS Dyno result print-out.
What benefits will a PBMS Stage 2 Upgrade package give me?
These simple enhancements have a monumental impact of the engine performance including:
- Improving fuel economy under cruise and regular driving conditions (that is, if you can control your right foot!)
- Improving engine and turbo response
- Increasing engine torque and outright power
- Mild increase in engine noise and note (not too much, but just enough to remind you it's modified)
The increases will vary depending on the exact model, engine condition and requirements of the customer. It's common to see a 20% gain in peak power with a 25% gain in response and mid-range power (where you actually drive the vehicle!).
What vehicles is this package available for?
The Stage 2 package is available for all turbocharged Subaru vehicles that can be reflash tuned. Common models included:
- Subaru WRX and WRX STI 2000 to current
- Subaru S-GT 2007 to current
- Subaru Levorg 2013 to current
- Subaru Legacy (turbo only) 2003 to 2012
If your vehicle is not on this list, chances are we can still help to improve the performance of your car. Earlier model WRX, STIs and Legacys require an aftermarket ECU like a Link for full tunability. You can contact us to discuss your options.
What is the cost of this upgrade package?
The cost will vary on the exact model and year of your vehicle. Additionally, the material and brand of the front pipe will vary the costs involved. Price guide:
- GD (2000-2007) WRX and STI from $2349 inc GST
- GRB/GVB (2008-2014) WRX and STI from $2249 inc GST
- VAB (2014-current)
- Legacy (2003-2008) and S-GT (2007 to current) from $2349 inc GST
- Levorg, Legacy (2009-current) and WRX (2014-current) from $2599 inc GST
How can a PBMS Stage 2 Upgrade package improve my car that much, with such little modification and for such a low cost?
We agree that these gains a pretty impressive, particularly considering the cost involved. The gains come from two main places:
- Free flowing downpipe. The factory downpipe and catalytic convertor in the downpipe is typically the most restrictive part of the exhaust system. By allowing exhaust gasses to flow freely out of the turbo, better boost response and a stronger bottom end-mid range and be achieved. Removing the most restrictive part of the exhaust system will increase the overall power-making potential of the engine as a whole. The exhaust note is also increase by this free flowing exhaust.
- PBMS Reflash tune package. The factory tune is programmed to meet high emission standards, leading to a compromise in power and fuel economy. This means there is plenty of room for improvement to improve engine efficiency and power. Additionally a mild increase in turbo boost levels will help to awaken the potential of the vehicle.
How can I book?
Get in contact with us to book! Click here for our contact info.
How can I pay?
Check out ways to pay.
What if I want more power?
Once you get a taste for power, you may find yourself wanting even more! The exact requirements to make more power do vary between models, but Subaru engines respond well to further intake and exhaust modifications. The PBMS Stages of modification are listed bellow:
Stage 0: PBMS Reflash tune package
Stage 1: High flow downpipe
Stage 2: High flow downpipe and PBMS Reflash tune package
Stage 3: All the above, plus a cat-back exhaust system
Stage 4: All the above, plus a cold air intake system
Stage 5: All the above, plus a front mounted intercooler system
Stage 6: All the above, plus an upgraded turbocharger, injectors and fuel pump
Stage7: All the above, plus a purpose built performance engine
Stage 8+: Custom upgrade kit and engine to suit customer requirements - contact us for more information
What if I want more sound?
If you want to hear the engine a little more - a cat-back exhaust will take the engine sound to the next level. These vary between models and brands of exhaust. - Contact us for more information.
Is there anything else I need to consider when thinking about an upgrade package like this?
Good question! There are quite a few things to consider, so lets go over the most common.
- Is your maintenance up to date? It's important your maintenance is kept up to date to look after the engine and reduce issues on the dyno. PBMS can help with all servicing needs.
- Will it effect any vehicle warranty or insurance policy you have? Please check this with your policy providers prior to making a booking.
- Is your engine (and vehicle as a whole) in good, usable condition? To get the most out of your vehicle, in a safe and reliable manner; the whole car needs to be in good working order. If you need anything attended to, the PBMS team are more than happy to help.
- Is your fuel pump up to the task? We often find that an ageing fuel pump doesn't perform well enough to provide fuelling for a standard power level, let alone for more power. Ask the PBMS take about this when making a booking.
- Do you want to heat-wrap your downpipe? To keep heat away from the brake and clutch master cylinders, as well as the body - we recommend wrapping the exhaust downpipe with a heat insulating roll. This is typically $80 extra when already fitting the exhaust downpipe.
- Do you want, or need to have a Catalytic converter? Vehicles first registered after May 2010 are required to have a Catalytic convertor. If desired, PBMS can fit a high-flow catalytic convertor to your vehicle to replace the restrictive factory one in the factory downpipe. You can contact us to discuss other options surrounding the fitment of a catalytic convertor.
- Once you have more power, do your suspension and brakes need to be improved? 'Power is nothing without control', so you may want to improve the handling and braking capacity of our vehicle to match the new found power. You can contact us to discuss upgraded brake and suspension options.
- Tyres? In the same vein as suspension and brakes, it's important for a safe vehicle to have quality tyres for good control. Additionally, a vehicle must have safe tyres for PBMS to run your vehicle on our dyno, and complete a post-tune test drive.
- Are you going to use the vehicle for Motorsport or at a racetrack? This will alter the way we tune and prepare the vehicle, and may also prompt further recommendations for safety and reliability. Please let the PBMS team know when making your booking.
What if I ever want to return it back to standard?
Super easy - we make no irreversible modifications in the Stage 2 package. We can simply refit the factory downpipe and program the ECU back to standard.