This OEM Oil Pump has been designed for use on an STI engine, making it the perfect upgrade or replacement for a stock or lightly modified engine.
Oil Pump features:
- Genuine Subaru Quality
- 11mm pump rotor
- 11mm pump housing
Oil Pump to suit:
This oil pump can be fitted to any EJ engine during an engine build, or routine maintenance when the cambelt is removed. Engines this pump with fit include:
- EJ20 / EJ205 / EJ207 / EJ208 / EJ209 / EJ20X / EJ20K / EJ20Y
- EJ25 / EJ255 / EJ257
Engine build information:
- This oil pump must be fitted with a new o-ring and front seal
- It must be fitted to a clean engine free from any debris
- A replacement oil pump is required when an engine has suffered a big-end bearing failure
- We recommend priming the oil pump with assembly lubricant or vaseline to ensure ease of building oil pressure upon the first start. This can be achieved by removing the oil pump backing plate, packing it with lubricant, and re-fitting the backing plate.
- The backing plate screws are known to loosen over time. We recommend using a retaining compound or M6x12mm countersunk cap-screws with a hex when re-assembling after priming.
- Additional pressure relief valve washers can be used to further increase the oil pressure of this oil pump.
- Engine oil supply is critical to engine reliability, thus we highly recommend digital monitoring of the oil pressure to ensure it is suitable for the application.
- As this pump can flow up to 20% more than a standard pump, oil control is of even more importance. We recommend using a baffled sump to suit the vehicle this will be installed in. Click here to view options.
Other oil pump options:
Common oil pumps used in Turbo Subaru engines include 10mm, 11mm and 12mm variations.
- 10mm is the most common stock pump, found in many Turbo Subaru engines, and is suitable for stock power levels.
- 11mm is found on STI engines from around 2007 onward and is suitable for stock and mildly modified engines or as an upgrade for the 10mm pump.
- 12mm is found in selected Spec C models and selected JDM Legacy models that required additional oil flow. These are suitable for engines that will be modified or used in a motorsport application.
If unsure of the size of your current oil pump, you can measure the thickness of the rotor when disassembling your stock pump.